Guess I need to start brushing up on my French...

Because I'm going to Paris and Prague!

For almost three weeks now, I've been bursting to share the news. I wanted to be sure everything was right and my acceptance letter wasn't a fluke, but finally it's been settled -- from late May to mid-July, I'll be studying French and Czech cinema, four weeks in Paris and four weeks in Prague. FOUR WEEKS IN PARIS. I honestly don't think it's all sunk in yet. I have been trying to get to France for almost a decade now, and the fact that I get to study cinema while basking in the glory of Paris is too much to comprehend. On top of that, part of the program includes two three-day weekend trips, one to London and one to Madrid. Are you kidding me?!

Because I'll be swamped with classwork, stuffing my face with pastries, falling in love with a Frenchman, and just generally having my eyes pop out in wonder every five minutes, I'm not going to be able to update the blog during my trip. However, I wouldn't think of leaving you guys without posts, so I will be scheduling already-written posts to go up while I'm gone. I'll still make time to read comments and respond, and of course I'll try to keep up with the other fabulous blogs I read. I'm also hoping to synchronize my posts with where I'll be at that point -- so, for example, while I'm in Paris (PARIS), I'll have a post about a film that somehow has to do with the City of Lights. During my stay in London, there will be a film associated with London, and so on. If you have any suggestions for films that touch on the Czech Republic, Prague, Spain and/or Madrid, let me know in the comments and I'll see what I can do. Also, if you have recommendations of things I should do or places I should visit, definitely leave me a note. I'm already making a mental list of things I've seen in my favorite films (eat ice cream by the Seine like Audrey in Charade, do a twirl by the Seine like Gene and Leslie in An American in Paris, sing "Paris Loves Lovers" at some point like Fred in Silk Stockings...).

I'm so thrilled for this opportunity and I cannot wait to share my experiences when I get back. If I ever come back... did I mention I'm going to Paris? Until May, I'll just be doing this...

Comments

  1. Omg that's so awesome! I've spend four days in Paris and it was fabulous, so imagine 4 WEEKS! :D I'm studying cinema too (in Montreal, where I live). I hope I'll have the chance to study in another country too one day!
    When will you be in Prague? Because I'm going to be there in June with one of my friends. It could be nice to meet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence! I'll be in Prague June 20th-July 18th. I never considered traveling to Prague -- my brain has always been laser-focused on France -- but everything I'm reading makes it sound really cool. It'll be an interesting experience, for sure.

      Delete
    2. If you need any help for your French, it's my first language ;)

      Delete
    3. Oh, c'est possible. I took French for close to seven years, but I stopped last year and I'm a little rusty. Studying up on it is just one of the many things left on my to-do list.

      Delete
    4. Hey Michaela, I don't know if you will see this message since you're probably very busy studying cinema, but anyway, I'll give a try: me and my friend Gaby will be in Prage very soon (from July 1st to July 7) so since you'll be there too I think it would be nice to meet! We could go take a coffe or a drink or visit something together depending on your availability! We'll be staying at the Ananas Hostel. For a better way to communicate with me, you can add me on FB: Virginie Saia Pronovost, or send me an email: virginie.pronovost@gmail.com
      I'll wait for your answer! :)

      Delete
    5. Hey Virginie! I'll send you an email!

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might've missed these popular posts...

Loving and Fighting Furiously: Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz

Top Ten: Fred Astaire's Partners

Announcing the 100 Years of Esther Williams Blogathon!

Announcing the Sixth Annual Doris Day Blogathon!

Fred Astaire tells Rita Hayworth... You Were Never Lovelier (1942)

Esther Williams enthralls in... Dangerous When Wet (1953)

Bob, Bing, and Dottie take the... Road to Rio (1947)

The Fifth Annual Doris Day Blogathon is here!

Fred and Ginger's Cinematic Farewell: The Barkleys of Broadway (1949)

Ann Sothern and Robert Young can't stop marrying each other in... Lady Be Good (1941)