Announcing the 100 Years of Esther Williams Blogathon!

 

There have been quite a few centennials to honor this year -- Lana Turner, Donna Reed, Jane Russell, Judy Holliday, Dirk Bogarde -- but there is one I'm especially excited to celebrate: Esther Williams!

To commemorate this gorgeous human being's 100th birthday, I'm bringing back my Esther blogathon from last year, which ended up being such a lovely way to honor her legacy.

Because Esther's filmography isn't very large, I'll allow any topic to be claimed a maximum of two (2) times. That being said, you can cover more than her films, such as her autobiography, her history with swimsuits, her TV work, an overview of her teamings with people like Busby Berkeley, Red Skelton, Ricardo Montalbán, etc. I will say that if any of her work with Van Johnson is taken the maximum number of times, I'll still be holding my annual Van blogathon in August (which I'll be announcing very soon), so you'll have another chance to cover it.

Again, because the topics are a bit more limited than my usual blogathons, there will be a max limit of three (3) posts per person.

This probably goes without saying, but I won't accept any posts that are disrespectful to Esther.

The event will be on August 6-8 since the 8th is Esther's birthday. You can post on any of the three days of the blogathon, or you can post early! I only ask that you be sure to send me your link and I'll try to post it as soon as possible.

Now grab a banner, spread the word, and I'll see you in August!


Topics No Longer Available:

Neptune's Daughter


List of Participants:

Love Letters to Old Hollywood | Dangerous When Wet (1953)

KN Winiarski | On an Island with You (1948)

Realweegiemidget Reviews | Callaway Went Thataway (1951)

Taking Up Room | Neptune's Daughter (1949)

Box Office Poisons | Easy to Love (1953)

Journeys in Classic Film | Take Me Out to the Ball Game (1948)

Whimsically Classic | Million Dollar Mermaid (1952)

Dubsism | A Guy Named Joe (1943)

18 Cinema Lane | Bathing Beauty (1944)

Crítica Retrô | Neptune's Daughter (1949)

MovieRob | The Big Show (1961), Duchess of Idaho (1950), and The Unguarded Moment (1956)

The Classic Movie Muse | Celebrating Esther Williams' Centennial with 10 Favorite Swim Spectaculars




Comments

  1. Yay! I'd love to participate again. Could I take On an Island with You this time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure it this would be allowed but can I do Callaway Went Thataway (1951)? from Gill at Realweegiemidget Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Michaela! I'd like to do "Neptune's Daughter," please, if that's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Can't wait to celebrate Esther's 100th birthday! I'd love to participate and write about Easy to Love!

    -Jess at Box Office Poisons

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to participate and cover Take Me Out to the Ball Game!

    Kim- Journeys in Classic Film

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I do Million Dollar Mermaid?

    Kayla-Whimsically Classic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of Van Johnson...I'm in with A Guy Named Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're bringing this blogathon back! I'd like to sign up by reviewing 'Bathing Beauty'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m excited for this event! I want to write about Neptune’s Daughter, please!
    Thank you!
    Le from Crítica Retrô

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! I'm so happy that that movie is being covered the max amount of times because I just love it to pieces.

      Delete
  10. Hey Michaela,

    Can I do:

    The Big Show (1961), Duchess of Idaho (1950) and The Unguarded Moment (1956)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michaela, here's my post for the blogathon... https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/2021/08/05/films-callaway-went-thataway-the-star-said-no-1951/
    from Gill at Realweegiemidget Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. https://whimsicallyclassic.wordpress.com/2021/08/08/100-years-of-esther-williams-blogathon-million-dollar-mermaid-1952/

    Here's my post on "Million Dollar Mermaid"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might've missed these popular posts...

Loving and Fighting Furiously: Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz

Top Ten: Fred Astaire's Partners

Announcing the Sixth Annual Doris Day Blogathon!

Fred Astaire tells Rita Hayworth... You Were Never Lovelier (1942)

Esther Williams enthralls in... Dangerous When Wet (1953)

Bob, Bing, and Dottie take the... Road to Rio (1947)

The Fifth Annual Doris Day Blogathon is here!

Fred and Ginger's Cinematic Farewell: The Barkleys of Broadway (1949)

Ann Sothern and Robert Young can't stop marrying each other in... Lady Be Good (1941)