Announcing the Third Doris Day Blogathon!


So, I'm sure I sound like a broken record by now, but life has been the definition of hectic ever since I started grad school in August. Who knew that going to school full time, having two part-time jobs, and volunteering at my university cinema could take up so much time? (The answer should be me. Not sure how I didn't see this coming.) Because of that, my personal blog has suffered a bit, and I really, really hate it. I haven't been able to participate in nearly as many blogathons as I'd like; I'm really behind on keeping up to date with my favorite blogs; I haven't been commenting on people's posts...

That being said, I couldn't neglect to do one of my favorite events: my annual Doris Day blogathon! The idea of not celebrating this woman who is so close to my heart was unthinkable, so I looked over my calendar, made sure I could handle placing the event on Ms. Day's April 3rd birthday, and quickly cobbled together some banners, which I'll admit are not my best work.

The blogathon's rules are pretty simple:
You can write about anything relating to Day -- her films, her music, her personal life, her work with animals, her role as a style icon, the list goes on! I also won't limit how many posts you want to do.

Because there is so, so much you can write about, I'd prefer no duplicates. Sorry, all, it's first come, first serve.

You can post on any of the three days of the blogathon, or you can post early! I only ask that you be sure to send me your link and I'll try to post it as soon as possible.

Now grab a banner, spread the word, and I'll see you in April!

List of Participants:
Love Letters to Old Hollywood | Five Favorite Day Films
In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood | Young Man with a Horn (1950)
Caftan Woman | The Winning Team (1952)
Back to Golden Days | Romance on the High Seas (1948)
Taking Up Room | The Pajama Game (1957)
The Story Enthusiast | It Happened to Jane (1959)
The Midnite Drive-In | The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
Musings of a Classic Film Addict | Move Over, Darling (1963)
Realweegiemidget Reviews | The Thrill of It All (1963)
Poppity Talks Classic Film | Young at Heart (1954)
Overture Books and Film | Tea for Two (1950)
Pale Writer | Calamity Jane (1953)
The Wonderful World of Cinema | Love Me or Leave Me (1955)
The Stop Button | Storm Warning (1951)
The Flapper Dame | The Glass Bottom Boat (1966)
Critica Retro | Teacher's Pet (1958)
Silver Screenings | Send Me No Flowers (1964)
Are You Thrilled | Pillow Talk (1959)
Anybody Got a Match? | Day's music
Stars and Letters | a letter from Day
Christina Wehner | Day as Annie Oakley







P.S. Just to give you a sneak peek of my summer ideas -- I'm planning on bringing back my Clark Gable and Van Johnson blogathons, so keep your eyes peeled in the next few months!

Comments

  1. I want to do "Pillow Talk", because I couldn't complete my post on it for the Rock Hudson Blogathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't resist Doris. Sign me up for The Winning Team, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Doris Day! Can I please take "Romance on the High Seas" (1948)?

    My blog: Back to Golden Days (http://back-to-golden-days.blogspot.com/)

    -Cátia. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Michaela! I'd like to do "The Pajama Game," please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my absolute favorites! Thanks for joining!

      Delete
  5. Finally I come across this with the only Day movie I would watch still available... The Man Who Knew Too Much. (It's not that I don't like Doris Day, BTW. Just that her usual fare is not my type of movie...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you can finally join us! And I understand. There have been certain blogathons that I wish I could join because I like the person hosting, but I just don't have a topic that works. Can't win 'em all, I guess!

      Delete
  6. You know I can't resist writing about Doris, even if it does cut close to the TCM Classic Film Festival this year! Could you sign me up for Move Over, Darling (1963) for Musings of a Classic Film Addict, please? Thank you! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michaela, can you add me with The Thrill of it All 1967? Thanks from Gill at Realweegiemidget Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're not my favorite work, but I was pressed for time.

      Delete
    2. Been talking with The Poppity from Poppity Talks Classic Film via Social Media, she's had problems getting a message to you and would like to join with Young at Heart. Can you add her.

      Delete
  8. Hello! I would love to write about 'Young at Heart'. �� I'll let you know if I wish to take on a second film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! And I'm sorry if you thought your comment didn't go through. I had so much trouble with spam that I had to turn comment moderation on and so comments don't publish until I've looked them over.

      Delete
  9. Can I sign up with the movie Tea for Two (1950)? My blog name is Overture Books and Film and the blog link is here https://www.overturebooksandfilm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi me again, Gabriela from Pale Writer 2 has the same problem, can you add her with Calamity Jane, thanks Gill from Realweegiemidget Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Gill, thanks for helping these ladies out! I got Poppity's comment, I just have comment moderation on because I've been having a problem with spam and so her comment hadn't been published yet. I hadn't gotten anything from Gabriela, though, so I appreciate you letting me know that she wants to join. :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Michaela! I'm glad this is back! I'd like to write about Love Me or Leave Me if possible! :)
    I'm at The Wonderful World of Cinema
    https://thewonderfulworldofcinema.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could I do... Storm Warning for The Stop Button?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I'm glad Doris is back again this year. I'd love to do Tea for Two (1950), if it hasn't been snapped up yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, shoot, Christine from Overture Books and Films has already claimed that one. :(

      Would you have another topic in mind? It wouldn't be the same without you!

      Delete
    2. Oops – I see that. I missed seeing it on the list in all my excitement. How about Send Me No Flowers (1964)?

      Delete
  14. Hey There! Put me down for The Glass Bottom Boat! (Finally get a chance to do this one!
    https://theflapperdamefilm.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can I have Teacher's Pet (1958)?
    By the way, those banners are wonderful!
    Kisses!
    Le from Critica Retro

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Michaela. Can I change my topic? I want to be different and write about something else other than a film. I think I will go with Doris and Rock Hudson's friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to do Pillow Talk since Crystal changed her topic! It was my mother's favourite movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! It's one of my very favorites as well.

      Delete
  18. Hi Michaela, nice to finally be back doing a blogathon haha. I've been really busy and I'm super excited to do this one! Is it okay if I talk about Doris' music? I know people discuss her as an actress, but her singing voice is absolutely lovely.

    Thanks again!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back! It'd be splendid to have you cover her music. She has one of my favorite voices. :)

      Delete
  19. I'm so glad you can host this blogathon! She is one of my very favorites, especially as a singer. I need a day or two to think of a topic, perhaps related to her music?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! Excited to hear what you decide!

      Delete
  20. Hi, can I join with a letter from Doris?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I finally decided! Could I write about Doris Day if she had played Annie Oakley? There is an album she made with Robert Goulet, recording the songs from that musical, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Michaela!
    I'm posting my link here a little early if that is ok by you. :-D
    https://poppitytalksclassicfilm.wordpress.com/2019/03/29/classic-film-talk-young-at-heart-1955/

    ReplyDelete
  23. https://midnitedrive-in.blogspot.com/2019/04/too-much-knowledge.html
    The Man Who Knew Too Much

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might've missed these popular posts...

Loving and Fighting Furiously: Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz

Top Ten: Fred Astaire's Partners

Announcing the 100 Years of Esther Williams Blogathon!

Announcing the Sixth Annual Doris Day Blogathon!

Fred Astaire tells Rita Hayworth... You Were Never Lovelier (1942)

Esther Williams enthralls in... Dangerous When Wet (1953)

Bob, Bing, and Dottie take the... Road to Rio (1947)

The Fifth Annual Doris Day Blogathon is here!

Fred and Ginger's Cinematic Farewell: The Barkleys of Broadway (1949)

Ann Sothern and Robert Young can't stop marrying each other in... Lady Be Good (1941)