A Second Sunshine Blogger Award!

Just when I thought I couldn't get any luckier, Carol from The Old Hollywood Garden nominated me for my second Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you, Carol! It was very sweet of you!

Once again, the rules are this:
- Answer the 11 questions posed by the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other blogs.
- Ask 11 questions of my own for my nominees to answer.


Carol's Questions:


source
1. Who’s your favorite Golden Girl?
Dorothy! Sophia is amazing, but I'd like to believe that I'm a miniature Dorothy. (Literally. I'm only 5'2".)

2. Do you have any pets?
I do! I have a miniature French poodle, and she's my baby.


3. Summer or Winter?
Winter. You have snow, Thanksgiving, reading by the fire, and the best thing ever, Christmas.

4. What is your favorite song of all time?
"The Way You Look Tonight." Although Sinatra's version is great, Fred Astaire's rendition will always be #1.


5. What is your favorite book of all time?
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

6. What was your favorite summer holiday/vacation you’ve ever had?
Two years ago, my family went to Anna Maria Island, FL, which has been a favorite spot for my dad's family ever since he was little. It wasn't the first time we've vacationed there, but it was certainly my favorite time for a lot of reasons. I also found out that parts of On an Island with You were filmed there! Esther Williams stayed at a house really close to the one we rented, too!

7. How do you feel about Halloween?
I love it, but in a really low-key way. I enjoy the decorations, and I love catching new films on TCM that offer fun scares instead of gory ones. I haven't done a costume in years, but I stay in with tea and watch my usual Halloween marathon of The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Corpse Bride, and episodes of The Addams Family. (This photo of Jack is literally me the day after Halloween. Christmas prep begins November 1st, without fail.)

8. If you could go back in time and witness one historic event, what would that be?
Maybe a moment from the women's suffrage movement.

9. What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
I honestly can't remember.

10. LA or New York?
I haven't been to either. I'd love to go to LA because of Hollywood, but New York appeals to me a little bit more. It just seems like a really cool place, albeit a little terrifying. Cities overwhelm me sometimes.

11. Would you rather have a private jet or a yacht?
That's a toss-up. I'm fine with flying, but I hate my ears popping. I enjoy being on the water, but I kinda sorta can't swim. So...yeah.

Nominate 11 other blogs:
Since I've nominated blogs for two different awards in the past two weeks, and since my fellow nominees have obviously already been nominated, I'm going to skip this portion this time.

Ask 11 questions:
It seems kind of silly to ask these questions since I didn't nominate anyone, so instead I'll present you with 11 great photos.

Gina Lollobrigida with a deer, because she's awesome.

James Dean reading James Whitcomb Riley. Fun fact: both men are from my home state of Indiana. Dean is actually buried here in Fairmount.

For all you cat lovers out there, here's James Mason with one. Weird fact: Mason and his then-wife Pamela published a book in 1949 titled The Cats in Our Lives. So, there's that.

Lovely Loretta.

I love seeing Stany in color.

My Kate on the set of Bringing Up Baby.

You should already be able to tell who these two are.

I just adore shots of Esther in her natural habitat.

Simone Simon.

Lucy and Desi on their Connecticut set for I Love Lucy.

It is almost Halloween, after all.

Bonus photo:

For Halloween when I was around 6 or 7, this was what I went as: Morticia Addams. I'm so proud of myself for this moment.

Thanks again, Carol!

With love,
Michaela

Comments

  1. You were so cute! Love all the pictures, especially the one of Gina and the deer (!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I adore that photo of Gina. It's probably one of my favorites.

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might've missed these popular posts...

Loving and Fighting Furiously: Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz

Top Ten: Fred Astaire's Partners

Announcing the 100 Years of Esther Williams Blogathon!

Announcing the Sixth Annual Doris Day Blogathon!

Fred Astaire tells Rita Hayworth... You Were Never Lovelier (1942)

Esther Williams enthralls in... Dangerous When Wet (1953)

Bob, Bing, and Dottie take the... Road to Rio (1947)

The Fifth Annual Doris Day Blogathon is here!

Fred and Ginger's Cinematic Farewell: The Barkleys of Broadway (1949)

Ann Sothern and Robert Young can't stop marrying each other in... Lady Be Good (1941)