The Vincente Minnelli Blogathon is here!

My first blogathon has arrived, and I'm excited to say that it looks like it's going to be a success! Seeing the love for Mr. Minnelli is amazing. I want to thank everyone who was generous enough to participate, and thanks to all of the readers who are going to help make this blogathon fun and great!

I'll be updating the roster as quickly as I can, so bloggers, just send me your link anytime by commenting on this post, the announcement post, or really any post of mine. One small warning: on the 18th, the final day, I will be out-of-town visiting with a friend, so if I don't get your link up right away, please know that I'm sincerely sorry. I'm going to try my damnedest not to be a terrible host and I'll do as best as I can to update the roster as much as possible.

UPDATE: Because some bloggers have informed me that their posts will be a bit late, I'm unofficially extending the blogathon to Monday, the 19th. (I say "unofficially" because it's too late to change the banners.) As long as you get your posts to me, I'll publish the links to them.

I'd also like to let you guys know that I'll now be announcing my next blogathon! You can read all of the details when I post my official announcement on this coming Monday, but if you want to go ahead and claim a subject now, please do! The topic will be... Doris Day! The dates are April 1-3, 2017. I hope you sign up!

Back to Mr. Minnelli, though! Our lovely entries are as follows:

Leah at the wonderful Cary Grant Won't Eat You writes about Designing Woman and the many parts that make up its Oscar-winning script.

The amazing Caftan Woman isn't reluctant to tell us about the joyous The Reluctant Debutante.

Christina Wehner writes about how Minnelli worked his magic on Madame Bovary.

Crimson Kimono gives us one of Minnelli's final works, On a Clear Day You Can See Forever.

Cabin in the Sky gets its time in the spotlight, thanks to Ruth at Silver Screenings.

Charming Simoa from Champagne for Lunch writes about the fabulous performances of Lena Horne in I Dood It and Panama Hattie, and Judy Garland's numbers in Till the Clouds Roll By.

Lê over at Crítica Retrô adores The Pirate, and gives you many reasons why you should too. (The proof is all in the gifs!)

Gill from Reelweegiemidget Reviews writes about the delightful sequel to Father of the Bride, Father's Little Dividend.

I get overzealous and gush about the charms of Brigadoon. It's a good film, I swear!

We join Lisa from The Flaming Nose TV Blog as Lucy and Desi go on a treacherous, hilarious ride in The Long, Long Trailer.

Melanie at LA Explorer gives the marvelous Bells are Ringing its due.

Since today is the 58th anniversary of the release of Some Came Running, it's only fitting that you read dear Cátia's post over at Back to Golden Days.

Keisha from Cinema Cities pays attention to the heartwarming, overlooked The Courtship of Eddie's Father.

The fantastic Virginie at The Wonderful World of Cinema extols the virtues of Father of the Bride.

Minnelli directs Judy Garland and Robert Walker in The Clock, a captivating film that Phyllis Loves Classic Movies pays tribute to.

Old Hollywood Films gives us a look at the s'wonderful An American in Paris.




Even Robert and Kate are getting in on the celebrating!

Comments

  1. Michaela,
    So excited for you! This is going to be fun. Here's mine:
    http://carygrantwonteatyou.com/designing-woman-bacall-peck/

    ReplyDelete
  2. December 16 arrived so quickly!

    Here's a look at The Reluctant Debutante: http://www.caftanwoman.com/2016/12/the-vincente-minnelli-blogathon.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just put my post on Madame Bovary up: https://christinawehner.wordpress.com/2016/12/16/madame-bovary-1949/

    Thanks so much for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Here's mine for On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
    http://crimsonkimono.com/2016/barbra-streisand-on-a-clear-day-you-can-see-forever/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michaela, I finally uploaded my post on Cabin in the sky: https://silverscreenings.org/2016/12/17/the-all-black-musical-and-vincente-minnelli/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am running behind because of holidays and work, but my post on An American Paris will be up Monday/Tuesday.

    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It doesn't look like I'll have my own post up until maybe tomorrow.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations!! Here's my post: https://champagneforlunch.wordpress.com/2016/12/17/lena-horne-and-judy-garland-by-vincente-minnelli/

    I had lots of fun writing my post. Thanks for the opportunity. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Michaela! I'll use the Sunday to decid which Doris Day movie I want to review in your next blogathon...
    But, for now, The Pirate is here: http://criticaretro.blogspot.com.br/2016/12/o-pirata-pirate-1948.html

    Kisses!
    Le

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! Glad to hear you'll be joining my next venture! Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Hi Michaela, Here's my post for Father's Little Dividend x https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/2016/12/18/little-dividend/
    From Gill at Realweegiemidget Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michaela! It's time to go on a little journey on "The Long,Long Trailer"! http://flamingnose.blogspot.com/2016/12/vincente-minnelli-takes-on-lucy-desi.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's my post on Bells Are Ringing - http://la-explorer.com/spotlight-on-bells-are-ringing/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michaela. My post on "Some Came Running" is finally up:
    http://back-to-golden-days.blogspot.pt/2016/12/the-vincente-minnelli-blogathon-some.html

    Thanks for hosting. :)

    -Cátia. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining! I'm sure your post is great, as usual!

      Delete
  13. Hey Michaela, I finally have my post up for The Courtship of Eddie's Father:
    https://cinemacities.wordpress.com/2016/12/18/looking-for-love-in-the-courtship-of-eddies-father-1963/

    Thanks so much for hosting this blogathon! And I can't wait for your Doris Day one, will definitely sign up for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Michaela, my post won't be finished until tomorrow. We put our tree up this weekend and I signed up for too many Blogathons this month lol. Sorry :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understandable. The holidays can be pretty busy! Looking forward to your post!

      Delete
    2. Here's my post! http://phyllislovesclassicmovies.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-clock-1945.html

      Sorry again that it was late. Thanks so much for hosting!! I needed a opportunity to use my screenshots for The Clock :)

      Delete
    3. Hey, no problem! I love The Clock, so it's great that you were still able to participate!

      Delete
  15. Hi Michaela, here is my post for Father of the Bride. I'm very sorry for submitting it a bit late, I had quite a busy day! :O
    Thanks so much for hosting! :) And yay for Doris Day! Born on April 3 like me ;)))

    https://thewonderfulworldofcinema.wordpress.com/2016/12/19/the-vincente-minnelli-blogathon-the-pleasures-of-father-of-the-bride-1950/

    ReplyDelete
  16. "The fantastic Virginie" love that! ahah ;)
    And I had completely forgotten that Designing Woman was a Minnelli's film! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did a lot, didn't he? And I just call 'em as I see 'em! ;)

      Delete
  17. Here is the link for An American in Paris:

    http://www.oldhollywoodfilms.com/2016/12/an-american-in-paris.html

    I apologize for my lateness and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might've missed these popular posts...

Loving and Fighting Furiously: Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz

Top Ten: Fred Astaire's Partners

Announcing the 100 Years of Esther Williams Blogathon!

Announcing the Sixth Annual Doris Day Blogathon!

Fred Astaire tells Rita Hayworth... You Were Never Lovelier (1942)

Esther Williams enthralls in... Dangerous When Wet (1953)

Bob, Bing, and Dottie take the... Road to Rio (1947)

The Fifth Annual Doris Day Blogathon is here!

Fred and Ginger's Cinematic Farewell: The Barkleys of Broadway (1949)

Ann Sothern and Robert Young can't stop marrying each other in... Lady Be Good (1941)