The 100 Years of Rita Hayworth Blogathon is here!


I don't know about you guys, but life has been super crazy lately, so much so that I haven't been able to really join any new blogathons and keeping up with my favorite bloggers has been tough. Things won't be slowing down any time soon, unfortunately, but that just makes me all the more thrilled to be honoring the one and only Ms. Rita Hayworth for the next three days.

Participants, please leave me a comment below with the link to your post. I will try to get to everyone's posts as soon as I can, but if I'm a bit delayed in updating the roster or commenting on your entry, please understand that I'm not ignoring you -- I just haven't gotten to it yet and I will as soon as I can!

Silver Screenings starts things off with a look at Rita and Fred Astaire's first film, You'll Never Get Rich (1941).

I review Fred and Rita's second and final collaboration, You Were Never Lovelier (1942).

Angelman's Place brings Frank Sinatra and Kim Novak to the party with Pal Joey (1957), one of Rita's best.

Maddy Loves Her Classic Films pens a lovely tribute to the lady of the hour.

The Story Enthusiast discusses one of Rita and Glenn Ford's many collaborations, Affair in Trinidad (1952).

Wide Screen World talks about one of Rita's earliest films, Blondie on a Budget (1940).

The Stop Button explores another early Rita flick, Only Angels Have Wings (1939).

Musings of a Classic Film Addict puts in the spotlight Angels Over Broadway (1940), co-starring Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.

Top 10 Film Lists checks out the overlooked My Gal Sal (1942).

Caftan Woman reviews the star-studded drama Separate Tables (1958).

Taking Up Room writes about Rita and World War II.

The Midnite Drive-In looks at Rita in all her Technicolor glory in Blood and Sand (1941).

MovieRob takes us to the courtroom with the little-known drama The Story on Page One (1959).

For his second entry, MovieRob watched Circus World (1964), co-starring John Wayne and Claudia Cardinale (!!!).

MovieRob's last contribution covers Tales of Manhattan (1942), an outrageously star-filled anthology film.

The Wonderful World of Cinema joins us with the one and only Gilda (1946).

Pure Entertainment Preservation Society takes a look at Music in My Heart (1940).


Overture Books and Film closes the celebration with one of Rita's best, Cover Girl (1944).

But, wait! There's one more! Critica Retro reviews the third Hayworth-Ford collaboration, The Loves of Carmen (1948).



Thanks to everyone for joining my centenary celebration of this incredible woman! Happy 100th, Rita!


Comments

  1. BLONDIE ON A BUDGET:
    https://widescreenworld.blogspot.com/2018/10/blondie-on-budget.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got my post up :)
    https://thestopbutton.com/2018/10/17/only-angels-have-wings-1939/

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://midnitedrive-in.blogspot.com/2018/10/love-and-bulls.html

    Maybe this time...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your comment not going through! I recently started moderating my comments, and for some reason it's been blocking responses from certain people. My apologies again. Blogger is just strange sometimes.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Michaela! Here's mine: https://takinguproom.wordpress.com/2018/10/18/rita-hayworth-and-world-war-two/ And I totally hear ya about life being crazy. Argh... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, things are pretty...exhausting right now, haha.

      Delete
  5. Hi Michaela! Here is my entry. Thanks so much for hosting :) https://thewonderfulworldofcinema.wordpress.com/2018/10/19/rita-hayworth-is-gilda/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michaela, I submitted my entry, but I'm not sure the comment was published (or maybe it's just waiting for approval. But I can't check haha). So just in case.. https://thewonderfulworldofcinema.wordpress.com/2018/10/19/rita-hayworth-is-gilda/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's all good, Virginie! I recently switched to comment moderation, that's why your first comment didn't pop up immediately.

      Delete
  7. Hi, Michaela! I hope I am fashionably late with Rita as Carmen:
    https://criticaretro.blogspot.com/2018/10/carmen-1948-loves-of-carmen-1948.html
    Kisses!
    Le

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, Le, I'm so sorry I missed this! As you may have seen in a previous comment, I've switched to comment moderation and Blogger has been hiding responses from specific people. I've been checking my comment filters, but I forgot to refresh it, so I missed you. I feel awful! :(

      I'll add you to the roster right away, though!

      Delete
  8. Dear Michaela,

    Here is the link to my article on "Music in My Heart:" https://pureentertainmentpreservationsociety.wordpress.com/2018/10/19/the-code-puts-music-in-my-heart-for-100-years-of-rita-hayworth-blogathon/. Thank you for letting me participate!

    Yours Hopefully,

    Tiffany Brannan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry this is late! But here is my post for Cover Girl.

    https://www.overturebooksandfilm.com/2018/10/100-years-of-rita-hayworth-blogathon.html#more

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might've missed these popular posts...

Loving and Fighting Furiously: Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz

Top Ten: Fred Astaire's Partners

Announcing the 100 Years of Esther Williams Blogathon!

Announcing the Sixth Annual Doris Day Blogathon!

Fred Astaire tells Rita Hayworth... You Were Never Lovelier (1942)

Esther Williams enthralls in... Dangerous When Wet (1953)

Bob, Bing, and Dottie take the... Road to Rio (1947)

The Fifth Annual Doris Day Blogathon is here!

Fred and Ginger's Cinematic Farewell: The Barkleys of Broadway (1949)

Ann Sothern and Robert Young can't stop marrying each other in... Lady Be Good (1941)