Announcing the Third Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn Blogathon!
Last year, Crystal from In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood asked me to co-host her Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn blogathon, and we're thrilled to announce that we're bringing it back this year!
Kate is my favorite actress and just flat-out one of my favorite people ever. This woman could do anything and she remains a constant source of inspiration for me. Her partnership and romance with Spencer Tracy, one of history's greatest actors, is fascinating and iconic, and I can't wait to once again celebrate these two.
Here are the rules:
1) We won't restrict you to just the nine films that Spence and Kate made together. You're welcome to write about any film that either of them appeared in, or any topic relating to either of them.
2) We're allowing no more than two duplicates. There are plenty of topics to go around! We also ask that you limit yourself to a maximum of three posts per participant.
3) Please, new material only!
4) Be respectful. We're here to honor people, not to tear them down or spread malicious thoughts.
5) To join, leave a comment below or on Crystal's announcement post. Be sure to include the name and URL of your blog.
6) This event will be on Oct. 17-19. (It's not connected to any special day for Kate or Spence, but rather dates that worked well for us. Besides, celebrating these two doesn't require a particular occasion, if you ask me!) Please grab one of our banners below and we'll see you in October!
Topics Taken the Max. Number of Times: Desk Set, Mannequin, Adam's Rib, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
List of Participants:
Love Letters to Old Hollywood | Stage Door (1937)
In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood | Kate's autobiography Me: Stories of My Life and Stanley and Livingstone (1939)
Goosepimply All Over | Desk Set (1957)
Wide Screen World | Love Among the Ruins (1975)
Are You Thrilled | Boys Town (1938)
Old Hollywood Films | Keeper of the Flame (1943)
KN Winiarski Writes | Bringing Up Baby (1938)
Dubsism | The African Queen (1951)
Box Office Poisons | Desk Set (1957)
Poppity Talks Classic Film | Sylvia Scarlett (1935) and Mannequin (1937)
Sean Munger | Cate Blanchett's portrayal of Kate in The Aviator (2004)
The Wonderful World of Cinema | The Iron Petticoat (1956)
Realweegiemidget Reviews | Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)
18 Cinema Lane | The Sea of Grass (1947)
Thoughts from the Music(al) Man | Father of the Bride (1950)
Pale Writer | Mannequin (1937)
Movies Meet Their Match | Adam's Rib (1949)
Taking Up Room | Adam's Rib (1949)
Linda Pacey, guest post on In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood | Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)
Whimsically Classic | Woman of the Year (1942)
Pure Entertainment Preservation Society | Mary of Scotland (1936) and Malaya (1949)
Here's Booking at You, Kid | Holiday (1938)
Love Among the Ruins.ReplyDelete
I'd like to contribute 1951's "The African Queen"ReplyDelete
It's yours! Thanks for joining!Delete
Love them! Can I write about Desk Set?ReplyDelete
Definitely! I adore that film. Thanks for joining!Delete
Since I reviewed two movies last year, I'll pick 'The Sea of Grass', a movie starring Spencer and Katharine.ReplyDelete
You got it! Thanks for joining us!Delete
You're welcome! Looking forward to the blogathon!Delete
Adam's Rib (1949), please!ReplyDelete
MovieCritic | Movies Meet Their Match
Great choice! Thanks for joining!Delete
I wanted "Desk Set," but I see that's taken...ReplyDelete
Can I have "Woman of the Year" ?
Absolutely! Desk Set went really fast this year. I think it was snatched up within two days of announcing the blogathon.Delete
Thanks for joining!
Hi Michaela, Could I please change my post to Guess Who's Coming To Dinner (1967)? Thanks from Gill at Realweegiemidget ReviewsReplyDelete
Here's my post for tomorrow's blogathon, hope all good with you. https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/2020/10/16/films-guess-whos-coming-to-dinner-1967/
FROM Gill at Realweegiemidget Reviews