Announcing the Third Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers Blogathon!
UPDATE, Dec. 9: As some of you may have seen on Facebook or elsewhere, my co-host Crystal has been in the hospital for a few weeks now, where she has sadly fallen into a coma. Although I considered cancelling this blogathon, I know how much Crystal loves Fred and Ginger, and I truly want this event to be a success for her. In the meantime, please keep her and her family in your thoughts.
The epitome of wit, sophistication, elegance, and fun, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers are enduring icons whose films will never cease to delight audiences. Their solo work continues to inspire people, while their collaborations are unforgettable pieces of art. For the third year, In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood's Crystal and I will be honoring these two by hosting our Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers Blogathon!
Like last year, we decided to host this on Dec. 28-30. What better way to close this terrible year than with these two magical performers? Now obviously these dates are very close to Christmas and New Year's, which is why we thought it best to announce now and give people plenty of time to write their pieces. (Personally, I find the cozy glamour associated with these holidays to be more than fitting for our favorite dancing duo!)
Here are our rules:
1) You can write about anything relating to Fred and Ginger: their collaborations, their other films, their TV appearances/specials, their fashion... whatever you'd like! Leave a comment with your topic(s) on this post or on Crystal's announcement post. Don't forget to include your blog's name and URL!
2) Since there are SO MANY topics to choose from, we are accepting two duplicates, so be sure to check the roster before leaving a comment.
3) We would prefer no more than three entries per person.
4) Please submit new material and not previously published posts.
5) Be respectful! We're here to celebrate these icons, not tear them down.
After claiming your topic, go ahead and grab a banner, and please help us spread the word!
Topics taken the maximum number of times: I'll Be Seeing You
List of Participants:
Love Letters to Old Hollywood | The Barkleys of Broadway (1949)
In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood | Primose Path (1940) and Finian's Rainbow (1968)
Realweegiemidget Reviews | Ginger's appearances on Hotel, Glitter, and The Love Boat
Caftan Woman | I'll Be Seeing You (1944)
KN Winiarski Writes | Top Hat (1935)
MovieRob | TBD
Movies Meet Their Match | Funny Face (1957)
Box Office Poisons | Vivacious Lady (1938)
Silver Screenings | Swing Time (1936)
Taking Up Room | Follow the Fleet (1936)
Crítica Retro | Three Little Words (1950)