Announcing the Fifth Golden Boy Blogathon: A William Holden Celebration!
After a bit of a hiatus, Virginie from The Wonderful World of Cinema, Emily from The Flapper Dame, and I will be hosting the Fifth Golden Boy Blogathon: A William Holden Celebration! For three days in April, we will be celebrating one of Hollywood's most indelible (and, let's face it, gorgeous) talents.
The rules are as follows:
1) You can write about anything relating to Mr. Holden, so long as it's respectful: his films, his relationships, his work in wildlife preservation...
2) However, we will only allow a maximum of two people per topic.
3) We also ask that you limit yourself to a maximum of two entries.
5) We will each host a day: Emily will do the 15th, Virginie will do the 16th, and I'll do the 17th. Please try to submit your entry to the right blog.
6) New material only, please!
7) And finally, grab one of the great banners Virginie made, spread the word, and we'll see you in April!
Topics no longer available:
The Blue Knight (1973)
List of Participants
Love Letters to Old Hollywood | Sabrina (1954)
The Wonderful World of Cinema | William Holden and Billy Wilder's friendship
The Flapper Dame | The 7th Dawn (1964)
The Stop Button | Apartment for Peggy (1948)
Shadows and Satin | Sunset Boulevard (1950)
In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood | I Love Lucy episode "LA at Last"
Realweegiemidget Reviews | Fedora (1978)
Rick's Real/Reel Life | William Holden's Golden Year: 1950
Dubsism | The Devil's Brigade (1968)
Critica Retro | The Turning Point (1952)
Silver Screenings | Our Town (1940)
Taking Up Room | Young and Willing (1943)
The Classic Movie Muse | ten favorite Bill Holden movies
Movie Mom | Dear Ruth (1947)
Screen Dreams | Meet the Stewarts (1942)
Pop Culture Reverie | 21 Hours at Munich (1976)
Period Drama Fan (guest post at The Wonderful World of Cinema) | William Holden's voice
Diary of a Movie Maniac | The Blue Knight (1973)
18 Cinema Lane | The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)